Saturday, March 20, 2010



Hey hey!

It’s Saturday – and I felt like writing a bit for the blog. Just cos I can. One of the big bosses, plus some peeps from National Geographic, are arriving today for a bit of lion filming. I think? I was going to try to make a good impression, but the mysterious ‘thing’ that’s been biting me in the night has obviously got some pretty nasty venom, as certain areas of my skin are looking quite diseased at the moment. I’ve tried to cover up with plasters, but...let’s just say, Michelle’s avoiding skin contact. And I don’t blame her.

Anyway, enough of that personal embarrassment. I’ve been missing home so much, and been feeling pretty down about this whole Masters thing – not being able to do work on it except on a giant TV screen bigger than Hagrid’s torso, which is often being used as an actual TV. Not Hagrid's torso, the screen. Papers I need, I can’t access on the net. No stats programs to use and absolutely no way that I’ll finish by the end of March. So I’m feeling down, and this is the song that God gave me on my kPod:

Artist : Sonicflood
Title : Everlasting
----------------
The sky will fall
The ground will give
Through it all You will be faithful
Friends may leave
They come and go
This I know
You will be faithful
You will be faithful

You will always be the same
Your love will never change
You are the everlasting
I will put my trust in You
Forever to be true
You are the everlasting
You are the everlasting

When beauty fades
And slips away
For all my days You will be faithful
When I breathe
My final breath
I find my rest in Your
faithfulness


As far as news goes, we’re almost done with work in Moremi (2 more days), and then we’ll be moving on to our burnt sites. All is moving at a good steady pace, so that’s excellent! We’ve been so spoiled with everything we’ve seen, and the beautiful drives as the Okavango is waking up and going to sleep. We’re onto Rachel and Ross breaking up in Friends (watched 8 episodes last night!). Emily and Roz are nowhere to be found, and we’ve just about given up on them ever coming back. They’re having serious car issues in Maun – who knows when it’ll be fixed? They’re spending all their days on the net in the airport, just biding their time. Sven has gone off on holiday too, so camp is so quiet!  Well, that is until National Geographic arrive. Wish Zambuk would work faster, darn it!

So that’s it from me for today!  Drop me an email when you can - always feels like Christmas when I get news from home! :)

Love
The Kelminator

No comments: